Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

I hate my fusion. The car wouldn't start. I jumped it. It

Customer Question

I hate my fusion. The car wouldn't start. I jumped it. It started. Drove it home. Now it's dead again. I can't get in neutral to push out of the garage.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No. Everything is clean
JA: What year is your Fusion?
Customer: 14
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to get in neutral so I can jump it and take in the morning
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

HI there,

Here is a link to the owners manual. Pages 155 and 156 show you how to use the manual override for the shift lock so you can get the car into neutral and get it pushed out. It sounds like either the alternator has failed or the battery will not hold a charge. I am not sure if my link will bring you right to the specific pages or not.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

I see it didn't make the link correctly, so I am sending the address for you to copy and paste.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-Fusion-CD391-Owner's-Manual-Second-Print_om_en-us_09_2013.pdf

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again, I hadn't heard back from you so I thought I would check and see if you needed further assistance?