Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

2000 ford windstar. AC cold in back but not in frount. Air

Customer Question

2000 ford windstar. AC cold in back but not in frount. Air does no come out of dash vents. I get cool air from defost when selected. but no cold air from vents. If I slid to hot I get hat air in cabin. when I slid to cold a get cooler but no cold air
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: no coolant leak, I did have to ad about 30 oz of R134 to the system. That was my first fix. But I think the air flow behind the dash is not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I plan on fixing this myself. I think is may be a vacuum control problem or a stuck door
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The temperature blend door must be working since I can very the temp,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** does sound like a vacuum related issue. The small vacuum hoses are a common failure on this vehicle that will cause this. Under the hood on the passenger side firewall you need to locate the small vacuum lines. They should be plastic. Locate these lines and follow them to the engine. You will find rubber sections that connect the hoses together and those usually break and crack. You will need to replace any failed hoses. If there is a vacuum leak the vents will always default to the floor and windshield.