Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I had my owners manual stolen out of my 2013 f250. it has my

Customer Question

I had my owners manual stolen out of my 2013 f250. it has my perm access code in there. do i need to replace the RAP module or can the factory access number be changed?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: i don't know the code, it was in the owners manual.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i used it once to program my personal entry code.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes, i was going to purchase a RAP module and replace it if it can not be reprogramed
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

In order to change you old code you are going to need it and if you do not remember it you are going to need to stop by your Ford dealer and they can connect there scan tool to the system and retrieve it for you. Once you have the old code it can be changed with following the steps in the link below. You do not need to change any modules.

See the programming steps in the link below .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am asking if i can change the FACTORY Code, not the personal code i programmed. I need to know if i can change the factory code so the people that stole the owners manual can not get back into my truck