Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2001 6.0 powerstroke with 210,000 miles. I had the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 6.0 powerstroke with 210,000 miles. I had the local ford dealer install new head gasket, all new injectors, and engine kit, that was right around 190,000 miles now all of a sudden when i let off the gas to stop it smokes whitish blue. Once i take off again it smokes very little then clears out. The truck runs great and is not overheating or loosing coolant. But under my hood right above the turbo i just noticed that there is a bit of engine oil there. Looks as if its blowing up from turbo maybe? It will aslo smoke whitish if it idles for a while when its humid and hot outside. Any idea where i should begin? Coolant temp stays right around 190 to 200 degrees while driving when the outside temp is 90 degress fareheit. My truck is always pulling loads and running a lot at idle if that helps any?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Hello, when you say engine kit do you mean they overhauled the engine?