James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

My satillite radio shows a message on the screen "satillite

Customer Question

My satillite radio shows a message on the screen "satillite radio fault" and my satillite redo will not work. It has worked fine for 6 years ...
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Where is the fuse located?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 Ford F-150 xlt 4wd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I would like to fix it myself. I have worked on cars my whole life
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all the info that I have
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Hello, do you have a way to test for codes in the SDARS module? This is the satellite module that needs to be tested for codes directly. A Snap on Solus or modis can test for codes here. There are some other scan tools as well. The problem is going to either be the antenna or the issue is with the module itself. You can try disconnecting the battery cables and touching them together. This will cause the SDARS to drain all the capacitors from the memory. If you still get a sat fault after this you will have to determine if its the antenna or radio. The factory antennas don't fail very often though.

Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

If you have other questions please let me know. Also please remember to rate my answer so I get paid for assisting you.