Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Driving along service engine soon light comes on and truck

Customer Question

Driving along service engine soon light comes on and truck looses power for about 45 seconds the picks back up Cat diesel in 2002 F650 Ford
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Calvin, My name is***** is the engine make and model and what fault codes are you getting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't check fault codes ,could that the truck need a oil change cause this not lie of oil just past due for a service by a lot

Thanks for the update Calvin Overdue service intervals will not cause a loss of power. there is something else going on. A scan tool will need to be connected to pull the actual fault code causing this problem. Let em know what you get for codes once you find someone to scan it, Check your fuel supply between the tank and pump for leaks and restrictions causing a starvation of fuel. Check the codes to see if it is for low fuel pressure or another reason. What engine make/model? Cat, cummins?