John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician 32 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
78680981

My passenger side parking light won't shut off... no keys,

Customer Question

My passenger side parking light won't shut off... no keys, no lights on.... it stays on
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's cabin fuse box?
Customer: not yet.... my filter for water there is clogged and it leaks onto the floor pretty bad.... so I think that could be affecting it... unfortunately I don't have the owners manual for my car... so I don't know what fuse to pull
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 V6 mustang coupe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well it's raining right now, so I haven't attempted to take out the fuse... and since I don't have the manual, I don't know which one to pull
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really.... I know I have to clean the water filter on the dash... but other than taking out the fuse for the parking lights, I'm not sure what I can do right now
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome, My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue ar hand.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm here, but we are having intermittent power due to thunderstorms
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there?

I am here and apologize for the delay, please give me five more mins. to get the fuse information off the ford website, I am almost done, thanks for your patience.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ah, ok, thanks

Please check fuses # 63 # 59 # 67. Check them individually and if that doesn't work pull them all, then if that doesn't work get back to me. Hang in there, with this storm on your side of the country. Okay, let me know if you have any questions or need diagrams or anything. Thanks Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I won't be able to do it right now... I will do that when the storm stops... shouldn't last long.

Okay, good luck, talk to you then. Stay out of the weather.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
rain stopped just checked and now it's off by itself..... sigh. turns on and off normally, I'll keep those numbers on hand though, and clean the dash filter. Thanks for the info.

Well that's cool! Good idea on keeping those numbers, and always, you can get back with me here next time, have a great rest of your weekend, Sincerely John

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thanks John, you too.

Please rate my service as its the only way i get credit for my help