john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field

AC on my Ford Edge will randomly start blowing hot air. Why?

Customer Question

2010 Ford Edge 110K miles-started running a little rough a couple days ago while sitting still in traffic. Starting the car takes an extra second, it drags a little bit. But now the ac will just randomly start blowing hot air for a few min then goes back to cold. I keep it on max and sometimes max doesn't blow like it should. When I turn the ac off, something is loud and running, maybe the fan?? Hasn't ever done this before. No warning lights are on.
There are no warning lights on the dash to tell me something is wrong, like the check engine light.
I'm trying to decide if I should spend the $ to go into the dealership to repair or buy a new car.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 2 months ago.
Does the compressor stay engaged?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure what you are asking?
It sounds like the ac may be weak on charge. AC issues like you describe can run anywhere from 100 to 1000 for the delayed start it could be a fuel pump that is getting weak or a fuel injection issue...diagnosing this at a dealer would probably run a few hundred dollars minimum.