A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

I have a 2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL with panoramic sunroof. The

Customer Question

I have a 2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL with panoramic sunroof. The sunshade got jammed in the track and is stuck in the open position. I tried the relearning procedure from the owner's manual, and the motor tried to work, but since the shade was jammed, the procedure failed. Now when I press the switch, nothing happens at all. No sound, no movement. I did manage to get the sunshade fabric unstuck from the rails, but clearly something electrical is wrong. I checked the two fuses listed in the owner's manual and both are okay. What do I do next? (Dealer wants to replace entire assembly for $2400). Thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 months ago.

The sunshade is part an assembly which includes the track the shade rides in, the shade and the motor. It is only sold as an assembly, not separate parts. The motor drives cables that move the sunshade open and closed in the track assembly.