kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

I had a collision repaired. Front fender, wheel and door. I

Customer Question

I had a collision repaired. Front fender, wheel and door. I just drove home an whenever I remove the key the security light starts flashing. How do I get it to stop and what will happen if it continues blinking?
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: it flashes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: how do i reset it? I just seen someone say to unhook the positive battery connection for 10 mins then put the key in and turn to on then replace battery connection. Is this correct?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 06 Fusion SEL 3.0 V6
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i just want to know how to reset security system
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

The security light is suppose to flash with the key out of the ignition switch. You do not need to reset anything.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That light has never flashed before
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's at the bottom left corner of the instrument panel. Has a lock in red

Many times after a major repair has been done you see or hear things you never noticed before. If the security system had a fault, the car would not start, or the parking lights would flash ad the horn sound.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had this car for over 2 years. This light hasn't been flashing before. It's not the little red light for the security. It is the bottom left icon on the instrument panel. I said security because it has a picture of a lock in the icon
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am afraid if I leave it alone until tomorrow the car will not start. I've read about things like that happening which is why I'm on this site
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry for the delay, I was with another customer. Let me look up this light for you and see why it may be flashing now. I do apologize for the confusion.

The repair shop may have turned the security off to do the needed repairs. There is a disarm switch in the truck of your car. You will need to open the trunk, remove the trim panel that goes around the back of the trunk" the trim piece that is inside the trunk closest to you" and the disarm switch is on the passenger side 1/4 way to center. If you want to take this back to the repair shop to have them correct this,the car will still start, but the intrusion alarm will not work.

The accident may have caused the switch to disarm the system as well.

Te switch can also be inside the access panel of of the deck lid.