Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

94 ford ranger v6, clutch is very squeaky...especially when

Customer Question

94 ford ranger v6, clutch is very squeaky...especially when engine comp. and firewall are hot...I think I have a bad clutch pedal bushing...or do you think I need another clutch master cylinder...lubricant application does not fix the problem..hopefully just a bushing...discussed on you-tube will cure the problem...email is***@******.***
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: no slipping, or sticking...157K miles and I had a new clutch put in earlier this year and other trans work done
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lubricating the area with spray lithium grease, and CRC compound that is safe for plastics...yes I hope to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: lubrication only provides temp. help...engine warms up and squeak returns
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Hello, does the noise happen all of the time or only when the clutch is depressed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not desire to be monthly member...I will gladly pay the $5.00 fee, but I do not want to be a regular member...please do not continue to bill me.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Ok, this question will total 28 but you shouldn't get billed again. Would you rather just close this question?