George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

WATER LEAK FROM A/C VISIBLE UNDER DASH, APPEARS TO BE SAME

Customer Question

WATER LEAK FROM A/C VISIBLE UNDER DASH, APPEARS TO BE SAME LOCATION AS FIREWALL A/C DRIAN, WATER IS COMING OUT OF THE DRAIN BUT ALSO DRIPPING IN AND THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE AC UNIT INSIDE THE CAR
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: AIR CONDITIONER
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: YES ITS WATER
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: BLEW OUT THE AC DRAIN WITH AN AIR COMPRESSOR, ALSO USED A LONG TZIP TIE TO SEE IF THERE WAS A CLOG
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: CASING MOLD OR MILDEW , GOTTA FIX
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.

Hello I will help,

Is the water coming out the drain tube and running back along the tube inside?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't think so the AC drain is on the firewall and sticks out about an inch the water is coming out of their freely but also it's coming in on the inside of the firewall it appears to be maybe in the bottom of a casing

Has any work been done that would have the box removed? Maybe the tube was cracked putting it in?

Is there a seam the water is coming from? Roll back the carpet so you can get a good look, dry everything out and run it until it just starts dripping outside and see if you can spot the leak. Many times driving down the road creates enough pressure it runs back along the tube, you install a nipple to the tube to get it further out or put a bead of caulk on the bottom so it will drip off on the engine side of the firewall

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay I just went outside and turn down the air I pulled back the carpeting and here is the exact spot where the water is coming in from this is on the inside of the car underneath the dashboard. The car is stationary ordering this Photograph so there's no blowback of any kind it's just coming from somewhere

That sure looks like it is running back along the tube. Can you caulk under it on the engine side of the firewall?

What model of Ford is this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no tube,,,on the firewall there is a plastic nipple that sticks out about an inch, water drips out from there..

That is the tube. Put some caulk on the bottom and the water will drip down rather than running back along the tube.

So what model of Ford is this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a 2009 ford fision

Thanks, ***** ***** some caulk on the bottom of the firewall engine side of the nipple/tube and let it set. That should stop the leak.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you