Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Ok so I have a 1995 7.3 and it is idling real rough and has

Customer Question

Ok so I have a 1995 7.3 and it is idling real rough and has a decent miss to it it's throwing codes for the cps and the icp I replaced the icp and it did nothing still throwing a code and it is stalling after you drive it awhile and will start back up sometimes what could be my problem? I replaced the glow plugs the harness under valve cover the glow plug relay all the pigtails for the under valve cover harness and a new icp no new pig tail for that though and the cps is new now I have no codes
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: So?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The truck is starting a little hard and 320,000
JA: What is the model of your '95 Ford?
Customer: F250
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have replaced the cps and the icp all the under valve cover wiring harnesses and glow plugs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that top long text
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the code that you are getting for the ICP? That can make a huge difference in the ICP being bad or there being low oil pressure being seen by the ICP. In most cases, when there is low oil pressure being see in the oil rail, the engine will stall out because the pressure isn't up high enough to keep actuating the injectors. With you stalling out, this could be the issue. The reason is the ICP is what tells the IPR to do. It is what tells the IPR to close or open more to get the pressure to where it needs for the actuation of the injectors based on the amount of accelerator position you are giving the truck. If that reading is low, it can be opening closing the IPR and if you have a seal leak, it will stall out because the oil pressure gets too low.

This is why I was asking as to what the code is for it can help determine if there is a more underlying issue or if it is truly electrical.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If you don’t see this screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!