Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

The back springs need replaced and the front control arms.

Customer Question

the back springs need replaced and the front control arms. from what Ive been told
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: ford focus 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just took it to the shop and they told me it would cost $1000. I am a poor college student and can not afford that right now...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have needed to get the car aliened for a little while now. I just went in to get that done and that is the report I was given
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You can ask them to align it still as in allot of cases you may be o.k. to drive it this way for now once aligned.If they will not align it then you can see if another repair facility will align it.It is also a good idea to have these control arms and springs re checked by another repair facility to see if they actually need replaced as I have seen some facilities try and sell components that are not needed in some cases.

It is very possible that they do need replaced and if they are worn then this will cause issues after time with tire wear until they are replaced/repaired but I would get another hands on opinion/inspection done to be sure they do need replaced.Some tire shops or facilities may not charge to inspect or charge a small fee for this inspection.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete