Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

04 f150 fx4 not starting. Checked battery. All lights come

Customer Question

04 f150 fx4 not starting. Checked battery. All lights come on when key is turned, but nothing. I hear a clicking sound coming from my fuse panel on inside of truck, but nothing else.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: Nope.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: F150 04
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im Dave......... lets start with the basics. check the connections at the battery, alternator and starter. make sure everything is corrosion free and tight. this is a very common problem with these. also do you have a multimeter?

Do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The prior tech opted out. Do you still need help with this starter relay or starter motor concern?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Do you still require assistance?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris