Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

96 f150 with a Cyl 1 and 2 missfire both banks are lean and

Customer Question

96 f150 with a Cyl 1 and 2 missfire both banks are lean and the crank sensor b has a wiring problem according to a scanner.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: yes it does the shop tested for a vacuum leak and replaced gaskets for the egr and throttle body
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1996 F150 xlt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was hopping too its my buddys truck. I had a similar issue with my other truck and it was just O2 sensors according to the scanner both pr cats are reading .290 but the long term ft is at 25
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!