Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ha, is this gonna cost me? 2008 ford escape, the airbag

Customer Question

ha, is this gonna cost me?
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: 2008 ford escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the airbag light comes on when driving.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: AC compressior feels like it isn't working but fans are on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: and if I cut it off, it wont start again. If I shake the sterring col - then the problem resents itself.. And during the problem, all dash lights are OUT. even odometer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Have you checked the connections in the steering column for looseness at the main plug, yet?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback and not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

If you feel you need to rate lower than 4 stars, please contact me first for I strive for full customer satisfaction.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end user service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Didn't know the question was going to be sent out like that. Though it was more of live chat. Let me give more info.
2008 Ford Escape, 120K, purchased used as is one owner. I am sure they got rid of it for some sort of reason.While driving noticed AC not putting out, observed the air bag light on. No dash lights or odometer info section blank and not lite. Engine firing fine, no issues driving.I did learn shaking the steering column, by loosing the adjustment latch causes the problem to correct itself. Gauges go to start position and then operate normally, sorry if like the initial start of the car.In this scenario, the car will not start either.I can tinker with the car and have made repairs before. But I have done nothing yet. Curious as to if this is at my level or beyond, so I posted. However, I will check the connection you suggested. If you can offer a little more info as to if the housing around the steering column needs removal...
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The prior tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris