HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Intermittent automatic door locks. Driver's door unlocks but

Customer Question

Intermittent automatic door locks. Driver's door unlocks but does not lock, with or without out FOB.. Now passenger door locks but won't open unless manually open from in side.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, most likely an issue with the power door lock actuators. You will need to remove the door panels to gain access to them. Unplug the actuator and verify you are getting power and ground to the actuator for the lock and unlock function, the polarity of the circuit will reverse for lock and unlock. Long as you have power and ground and the latch mechanism moves freely. Replace both door lock actuators. The auto lock function is controlled by the body control module seeing a signal the transmission is in gear and moving. If it doesnt work all the time, it might be a GEM module issue. A diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool would need to be done to test further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have used similar sites before. They give u tube addresses for example : to illustrate how to remove door panel etc. It's obviously the actuators.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Here is the door panel removal proccedure. Click on the attachment to enlarge it

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

If you need more help or information, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?