Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.

2014 F- 150 Code PO300 all cylinders misfire, possible bad

Customer Question

2014 F- 150 Code PO300 all cylinders misfire, possible bad gas? I purchased 93 octane after it occured, about 10 gallons worth in a 24 gallon tank, then ran the OBD and cleared the code. Seems to run now.
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your F-150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than the new gas. I have a fixed code PO300. Check engine light remains off. Truck seems to run well.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, It is extremely possible that bad gas caused this issue. Especially if it's cleared up. The code will stay in the system for a while in the history, but if the check engine light is out then it's not current so you needn't be concerned that it's still showing up. Being a newer model I think the fuel would actually be the most likely culprit unless there was some type of sensor glitch that caused it. You should also be able to go back to using the regular fuel instead of the higher octane gas.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!