James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I the car is not turning over. I had the battery tested at

Customer Question

I the car is not turning over. I had the battery tested at two different place both saying it is good. They did say it needed to be charged. I did this both times and the car started, then I drove it to work. Would not start back. I got it jump off it started fine. I removed the battery cleaned cables and charged again. Place it back in the car and it just clicks.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The noise seems to be coming from under the hood, not sure the location. It started doing this 2 days ago.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 Ford Fusion v6.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if it is something simple. I have only cleaned battery cable clamps and post. And charged the battery.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. I don't think so.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Hello, If the battery is ok it sounds like the positive battery cable is the issue and will need to be replaced. Over time the copper inside of the battery cables begins to oxidize and this builds resistance. The only way to test is with a multi meter and perform a voltage drop test.