Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

It has no power - no lights batery is OK, 12 v batter, 07,

Customer Question

it has no power - no lights batery is OK
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: 12 v batter
JA: What year is your V?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried jumping it - 12 vdc is OK. I was a VW (gas) mechanice for 25 years - had it towed - havent started with the volt meter yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no experience with ford of hybrids before
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
or via email is fine.
I haven't used this service before, so i'm skeptical.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can I get the make, model, engine, I know its a 2007?

Nothing at all on the car has power?

Is there battery voltage to the fuses under the hood?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris,
I had more time last night - but gave up and went to bed as i didn't hear back... never used a system like this for answers.
07 Escape Hybrid. (so, that's a 2.3. ) it had the MECS recall last November. It did not do a shutdown, it just all went offits pouring rain here - first time in months!! SO, i can't check for power to the fuses under the hood until tonight.
I did the battery re-set, nothing... there is no power to anything Ill check it until tonight and let you know what i find.
- i'm assuming there is a fuseable link that went, no power whatsoever to lights, etc. Normal battery is fully charged.

Thanks, ***** ***** know once you have been able to check the main fuses to see if there is power there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris,
there was no power to the main fuse box in the engine compartment.
There is power to the converter on the passenger side.
This AM i looked outside, and saw the hazard lights were on.
I ran out and shut them off, and i could hear the buzz of the hybrid.
I put in the key and turned it, and it shutdown (as in no instrumentation, dome light, etc.).
a few hours later, i came noticed the "theft' light flashing (normal powered operation)
I turned the key, and it started right up, ran 30 seconds or so, and shutdown to black.
Ford says it had the 14S19 recall last November.Any thoughs?Thanks,
Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Chris - More info
I do have power to the constant power cigarette lighter.
I checked the reset buttons (battery, behind jack)(fuel, in passenger foot well)
I verifed new style MECS
I pulled the PCM plugs, they look clean and smelled fineI also tried disconnecting both sets of batteries for a while incase an electrical reset would do the trick

With all these new updates I do not believe this is an issue I want to tackle not in person. Opting out now.