Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

It has no power - no lights batery is OK, 12 v batter, 07,

Customer Question

it has no power - no lights batery is OK
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: 12 v batter
JA: What year is your V?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried jumping it - 12 vdc is OK. I was a VW (gas) mechanice for 25 years - had it towed - havent started with the volt meter yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no experience with ford of hybrids before
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
or via email is fine.
I haven't used this service before, so i'm skeptical.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can I get the make, model, engine, I know its a 2007?

Nothing at all on the car has power?

Is there battery voltage to the fuses under the hood?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Chris,
I had more time last night - but gave up and went to bed as i didn't hear back... never used a system like this for answers.
07 Escape Hybrid. (so, that's a 2.3. ) it had the MECS recall last November. It did not do a shutdown, it just all went offits pouring rain here - first time in months!! SO, i can't check for power to the fuses under the hood until tonight.
I did the battery re-set, nothing... there is no power to anything Ill check it until tonight and let you know what i find.
- i'm assuming there is a fuseable link that went, no power whatsoever to lights, etc. Normal battery is fully charged.

Thanks, ***** ***** know once you have been able to check the main fuses to see if there is power there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Chris,
there was no power to the main fuse box in the engine compartment.
There is power to the converter on the passenger side.
This AM i looked outside, and saw the hazard lights were on.
I ran out and shut them off, and i could hear the buzz of the hybrid.
I put in the key and turned it, and it shutdown (as in no instrumentation, dome light, etc.).
a few hours later, i came noticed the "theft' light flashing (normal powered operation)
I turned the key, and it started right up, ran 30 seconds or so, and shutdown to black.
Ford says it had the 14S19 recall last November.Any thoughs?Thanks,
Brian
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Chris - More info
I do have power to the constant power cigarette lighter.
I checked the reset buttons (battery, behind jack)(fuel, in passenger foot well)
I verifed new style MECS
I pulled the PCM plugs, they look clean and smelled fineI also tried disconnecting both sets of batteries for a while incase an electrical reset would do the trick

With all these new updates I do not believe this is an issue I want to tackle not in person. Opting out now.