Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2014 ford f-450 with a code p04e3 crankcase

Customer Question

I have a 2014 ford f-450 with a code p04e3 crankcase ventilation hose connection sensor circuit high what should I look for
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sharon, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Are you working on a 6.7 diesel engine?

Are you able to do some testing for this code?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
6.7 and I am able to
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The crankcase ventilation monitor is an on board strategy designed to detect leaks in the crankcase ventilation system. The crankcase ventilation system oil separator is installed on the left rear rocker cover and a crankcase ventilation hose connects to the lower intake manifold. The monitor can detect concerns with the crankcase ventilation system such as: