Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2002 f-150 (162,700 mi, suddenly started skipping. Initially

Customer Question

2002 f-150 (162,700 mi, suddenly started skipping. Initially showed #6 misfire. COPs are only 4 mos old. Changed # 6 COP anyway, then the injector. Problem still exists. Changed fuel filter, still have problem. Fuel pressure shows 32 psi at idle in Park and in gear. Running out of ideas.
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: Inline filter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Initially showed #6 misfire. COPs are only 4 mos old. Changed # 6 COP anyway, then the injector. Problem still exists. Checked fuel pressure. Got about 32 psi. Would like to try and fix myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just put in a 4.6 W crate motor in Mar. New COPs. Did not modify in anyway. No codes.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The next steps are to replace the plug, use a noid light to confirm a good signal from the PCM to the coil and injector and do a compression test on cylinders 567 to compare them. Can you do those steps for me?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris