HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

2005 excursion 6.0 powerstroke takes the starter several

Customer Question

2005 excursion 6.0 powerstroke takes the starter several revolutions to finally start. sometimes have to press throttle pedal to help it start. is that strictly injectors or possible bad glow plugs, summer not winter problem
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: i used to get a series, but it does not seem like i even hear that anymore
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just trouble shooting to determine if i am going to do it myself my mechanic is booked out for 10 days
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have 2 bad injectors that i will replace, but that only has been causing warm-up driving issues. my FICM has been replaced with the bulletproof brand along with egr, that it
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, to start you need to run a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool. You will need to be able to look at some live sensor data. The ICP pressure needs to be at least 500 psi in order for the injectors to fire. The IPR needs to be approx 85% when cranking. With two injectors causing rough running conditions when cold until they warm up, this could be related to your issue. Im assuming you are current with changing fuel filters and the correct engine oil and the oil level is full. If you dont have access to a scan tool, you wont be able to do much of anything in troubleshooting this vehicle concern.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

If you need more help with this concern, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating. he question remains open until it is rated.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.