Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities

I just replaced the alternator on my Ford Freestyle on

Customer Question

I just replaced the alternator on my Ford Freestyle on Saturday. My wife drove the car to work today and went to leave work and the charging system light went on and it wouldn't start. had to jump it to get it home. The whole time I drove it home the check charging system light was in. I check the battery when I got home it says it is fully charged and tested the Alternator and it tested good to. What could be my problem?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: Not that I noticed
JA: What year is your Freestyle?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I was hoping to fix it myself. I replaced the alt and charged the battery before replacing the alt.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 months ago.

The alternator needs to be removed from the vehicle and tested off the vehicle to see if it is a defective part,even though it is new. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers