Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Camshaft position out put circuit open, 2004 ford f350 6.0,

Customer Question

camshaft position out put circuit open
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 ford f350 6.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: had 5 active code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p0282 ,p0403, p0405, p2285,p2614
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you tried to clear the codes then try and start the engine and see if it starts then at all as well as which code(s) come back?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Do all of these codes come back again?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they do
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The first thing to check here is for corroded or damaged engine wiring harness or harness connections on the engine.Inspect the engine harness and follow it to each sensor and component on the engine and see if any corroded or damaged connections or wiring is found needing repaired.Usually with several codes like this here this can indicate an issue with wiring at fault needing repaired or replaced.If you have or if you do inspect the harness and connections and find no issues let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete