Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

No power, I assumed sticking vgt, pulled the turbo and

Customer Question

No power, I assumed sticking vgt, pulled the turbo and checked the vanes, all looks good and actuator freely moves, no leaks can be found, truck is back together again, but same problem. exhaust back pressure is 15 psi at idle and gets up to 30 at wot. boost pressure MAP is 2.5 psi at idle but will only build to 4.5 to 5 when wot. Ideas?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent across the board, truck wast towing at the time of failure and slowed down to a crawl, had to have it towed back in.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I will jump back in to it tomorrow, need to make sure egr is not stuck open and MAP sensor is functioning. Looking to find out what normal is for EBP
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: FICM is 46.4
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

At full throttle, I assume it bogs down. Is there exhaust smoke when doing this?

Any trouble codes?

SO far the info points to sticking EGR valve concern.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris