Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

The drivers side window on my 2001 explorer sport wont

Customer Question

the drivers side window on my 2001 explorer sport wont close. The passenger side is OK. And I can hear a solenoid operating under the dash. Is it the motor?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just this morning
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to fix myself if possible. All I've done so far is to look up which fuse controls that. But I see that one fuse handles both windows. So it's not the fuse.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you have a test light or volt meter?

Do you know how to remove the door panel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a volt meter. And I saw there are a couple screws on the bottom of the door panel. I assume the rest are clips on the inside to take it off.

Super, here is how to remove the door panel

Access and unplug the window motor. Use jumper cables to your battery with 2 bare ended pices of wire at the other end of the cables to get power and ground to the motor. If the motor does not move nor make a sound then swap the wires to make the motor move in the other direction. If you still get nothing then the motor is bad. If you get a response but no movement of the glass then the regulator is broken. The regulator is the part the motor moves to raise and lower the glass. If all of this does work then let me know so we can diagnose the switch and wiring.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris