HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My engine turns but will not start fuel pump is not

Customer Question

My engine turns but will not start fuel pump is not pumpingnew pump and filtersecurity light blinks all the time2004ford explorer4.6 engine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, if the theft lamp blinks fast when the key is turned to on instead of staying on steady for a few seconds and then turns off, then there is an issue with the PATS anti theft system. It will disable the vehicle from running. If you have a second or different ignition key, see if it passes the theft lamp proceedure and will prime the pump and run. If not, you will most likely need a new ignition key cut. Most local locksmiths can come to you and reprogram the system. You must have 2 keys to reprogram the system. So if you only have one key, you will need 2 new keys

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

If you need more help with this concern, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

If you need more help or information, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.