James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

OK I'll bite. 2003 windstar - runs fine mostly, in the

Customer Question

OK I'll bite. 2003 windstar - runs fine mostly, in the freeway when I let off the gas, the check engine light flashes and I lose power like ingition loss in some cylinders. But about 10 seconds later, light a swith turning back on, the light stops flashing and it runs great. Also The AC air vents change and loose cooling it seems during the same events. I am looking a maybe vacuum issues.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: blinks during the loss of power, but the goes solid when prower kicks back in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself, I have changed air filter, the Idle air solenoid and the coil pack
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not now
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Hello, how many miles are on this vehicle? You have a misfire on one or more cylinder. When the check engine light flashes it means there is raw gasoline being dumped in the cylinder without being burned. This is a symptom from the misfire. To correct your concern I would replace the spark plugs and wires. Most likely it is the spark plug wires causing the issue but it could be the spark plugs as well. Once the parts are replaced remember to disconnect the battery reset all of the codes. It will take about 10 minutes with the battery unplugged.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
270,000 I do have a #2 cylinder misfire code, The plugs and wires were my next shotgun stab at this
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

I think plugs and wires will correct this concern for you