Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I seem to have a parity alarm that begins going off w/in 2-5

Customer Question

I seem to have a parity alarm that begins going off w/in 2-5 min of startup, then repeating every 30min while running. It's a series of 5-6 beeps, repeats 3x, then the whole series repeats in 30min.
2006 Ford E250.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes. :/
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 Ford e250
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm hoping, but haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

What does "parity" mean?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

Do you mean "panic" alarm? Anyhow, it appears you may have a problem with one of the alarms, so the first thing to do is retrieve all of the trouble codes from all of the modules and see if any codes refer to an alarm. Usually, if you don't have a scan tool, autozone or advance auto may retrieve them codes for free, but make sure they can retrieve all of the codes from all of the modules cause around here autozone will only retrieve engine trouble codes from the ecm/pcm and not anything from any of the other modules.

When you get all the codes, give them to me.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

Or if you prefer, you can make your own scan tool from a $10 android cellphone or windows laptop, or even a tablet, android or windows. All you need is the software that costs about $5 and the adapter which cost me $17. I did this for my 2005 Ford F350 and was able to retrieve the codes from all the modules.

The adapter can be either wireless, Bluetooth or wifi or a cable and can be found here at http://www.obdinnovations.com/ and the software here, http://forscan.org/

let me know if you want to try that and I'll help you get the right things.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.