Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Intermittent problem, F250 stats and runs fine then drives

Customer Question

Intermittent problem, F250 stats and runs fine then drives fine as well but after an our or more it stats to idle rough and then stalls and will not start no fuel after letting it sit a while it starts again no problem, drive again and its fine but then does same thing, seems to be worse when its very hot?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Was there any codes in the computer when the mechanic plugged into it with the diagnostic machine? Have you checked for spark and fuel when this occurs?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ni there's spark and plenty of fuel in the tank the fuel seems to stop getting to injectors
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No Codes
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

You might just have a bad fuel pump. Was the fuel pressure checked when this happens?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the fuel pump was replaced right away, fuel pressure was check and of course all ok, but like I said intermittent problem
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Provided the engine has spark, the engine is either the engine is missing fuel pressure or injector pulse. So your going to need to check the fuel pressure WHEN this condition occurs. The fuel pump may be losing power for some reason preventing it from coming on. For the injector pulse, you would need to use a tool called a noid light so see if the injectors are getting a signal to pulse fuel into the cylinder when cranking when this no start condition occurs.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Ok, good. Did you have any further questions?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!