Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have F53 motor home chassis .was work under dash and shorted

Customer Question

Have F53 motor home chassis .was work under dash and shorted the wires to blower fan. can not get it to work. found 2 fuses and a relay . fuse ok replace rely still no go have direct wired blower its ok
any thoughts. fuses checked in passenger compartment/15a/ and power distribution box /40a/ replace relay in same. is there a fuse for the heater control on the dash or a fuse wire to same??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Under the hood at the blower relay, if you remove the relay and turn the key on are there 2 pins there which are showing battery voltage?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

should I use a ground to the pins or go between the pins for the voltage

Use a chassis ground.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

With a ground to the pins I have 2 with 12v

Turn the key on and command the blower on. Install and remove the relay, does it click in your finger tips each time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

chris no clicks when relay install (tried both old and replacement

Tom

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Moose

u still there

The HVAC control provides the ground to the relay to energize the blower relay. So that means your HVAC control is to blame or this relay is bad.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.