Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2013 foed Taurus,stalled light came on that showed

Customer Question

I have a 2013 foed Taurus,stalled light came on that showed a wrench,what is wrong?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello Mike and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

The wrench light cones on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is causing this you are going to need to start with having the system scanned. Most part store such as Auto Zone will do this scan for you at no charge. Can you get this done and post back with these and I can direct you from there. If the car restarted then its not likely a battery concern.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have an appointment to carry it to ford it willcost $100.00, I want to take it on a trip before appointment will I be safe?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cant get the app. until after the trip
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Yes as long as the engine is running okay and the check engine light is not on and flashing and the wrench light has not returned then you safe to drive. If you can stop by your local part store before you head out and get the fault code if there one setting I can give you a definitive cause. I

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks Ron ,ill do that,now
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Sure thing post back when you can and I will advise from there.