Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

It ran really good for a minute and then it started I really

Customer Question

it ran really good for a minute and then it started I really hesitate and shimmy when I'm driving it at high RPMs it doesn't do it that much but it does I change the plugs plug wires I don't know what else to the fuel filter I don't know what else to do to it was running fine and then all of a sudden it just started doing that so I'm not too sure what's going on with it
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: just answer
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: it was running fine and then we parked it for 20 minutes got back in it it was running super super rough I don't know what the problem was is rain good for the seven months I've had it I change the wires to plugs fuel filter got a little bit better but not a lot it just chimneys and runs super rough at high RPMs it it seems to be a lot better but I don't know what's going on
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: it's outside the tank
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: I-95 1.9
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put plugs in it I put wires on it I put a fuel filter on it are the arrows pointing up from the fuel tank to the engine I don't know what else to do to it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it just rent it ran fine for the seven months we had it we just parked it 20 minutes later came out started up and that's when it's just started running super rough it got a little bit better but it it's it's it's I don't it'll start at all I know it will do everything except we start going at like 6 ish it's like shimian but when you get to higher RPMs and get going that seems to mellow out a little bit
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was just reading one of your questions another subscriber asked about the idle and running rough it said something about the throttle body take the intake off I did took the hose off its super black inside really really like the greasy black so should I disconnect spray starting fluid in there or does that to be thought a throttle body cleaner
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
h I've been waiting for a while now it says 10 minutes or less but it's been it's been a lot longer than that I'm stranded so I need to know
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yeah a nice big scary got going
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I'm sorry for the delay, there aren't slot of mechanics on at this time.So if you still need help I'll try.No don't use starting fluid. Throttle body cleaner, brake cleaner or carb cleaner can be used tho.
Does it only vibrate and shimmy at low speed or rpm? Or high speed/rpm?And has the cap and rotor and plugs been changed along with the wires?Let me knowThanks
Sonny
Sorry just Reread your post. Plugs and wires were done. And yours has a coil not cap and rotor.So let me know about when it does it most.Also have you been able to check the fuel pressure?
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help? Please let me know.
Thanks