Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a ford f150 had to remove cat the truck runs good in

Customer Question

I have a ford f150 had to remove cat the truck runs good in cold weather when it gets hot outside loses power wont shift dies wont start unwell it cools
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Changed coil fuel pressure regulator tested mass airflow sensor checked out fuel pump about year ago
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So there are a number of possibilities. It will depend if your loosing spark or not. If you can test that when it's happening it will help.But here are the top two possibilities.1) Coolant temp sensor is bad.
2) ignition control module is bad.But I need to know if it's loosing spark before we can go further.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem? Please let me knowIf not would you mind rating my help.Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny