A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2011 f 150 obd2 code u2100, U2100, 2011 f 150 xtr 4x4, My

Customer Question

2011 f 150 obd2 code u2100
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: U2100
JA: What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: 2011 f 150 xtr 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My scanner says code u2100 intial configuration not complete and that is under the power steering codes. Jst changed the electronic rack and pinion so I am looking how to set the intial configuration
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am using a snap on modis ultra scanner
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe it's some sort of manual protocol but not sure with one to run to get rid of that code
Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

The Snap On Modis will not program the EPAS (Electronic Power Assist Steering) rack properly to the vehicle. That is why you are getting the code U2100. You will need vehicle as-built data or module configuration information which the dealership has access to on line. If it is not configured properly, you will get that code.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not familiar with vehicle as buit data ?? Could ya fill me in a little better as to what it is.. does the dealer give you a way to configure it or do I have to bring truck into the dealer

As Built Data is basically a configuration file of information, lines of data, that is programed into the module to allow it to properly communicate with all the other modules in the vehicle. The PSCM (Power Steering Control Module) that you installed needs to communicate with the PCM (Engine Computer) and the ABS (Anti-lock Brake) module to allow the vehicle to handle and steering properly during an ABS event (panic Stop). The dealership is the best place to have this done as the Modis cannot do this.