Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

A/C Compressor not kicking on. Had leak in Press. Manifold.

Customer Question

A/C Compressor not kicking on. Had leak in Hi Press. Manifold. Lost all freon compressor kicking off and on. Found leak and replaced Manifold, pulled vacuum all held good. Attached new can of freon start truck and compressor would not kick on. Couldn't recharge unit.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Batteries are good I cleaned posts couple of weeks back.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 F-250 Super Duty 6.0L Diesel XLT w/101000 miles.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled and checked A/C Clutch fuse, it was good. I pulled underhood A/C Clutch relay but don't remember how to check it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it for now. I was fixin to Google how to test relay to see if maybe it was not the problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Ok, your vehicle has a clutch cycling pressure switch. With the system empty, it will not send a signal to the clutch relay to energize it. It is located on the side of the accumulator at the passenger side of the firewall - see attached

You will need to disconnect the harness connector to it and use a jumper wire between the 2 pins in the harness connector to bypass the switch so the compressor engages while you fill the system

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and expertsare not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.