Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

We just changed upper intake gaskets and inside bolts on my

Customer Question

we just changed upper intake gaskets and inside bolts on my 2003 ford windstar 3.8 because of codes po174 and po171 and now my check engine light has come back on my inovative code reader gives me the same codes husband did check vacume hoses my code reader says module cal id f5aeoa4. hex what is that
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to be able to print answer as my husband is not home please
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question Sharron.

Are the fault codes your getting P0171 and P0174?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to be able to print answer as my husband is not home please yes
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

You will be able to print my answer but I need to know what the codes are that you had before you replaced the intake and isolator bolts. Where you getting the codes P0171 and P0174?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to be able to print answer as my husband is not home please yes same codes
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to be able to print answer as my husband is not home please yes same codes no
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Ford released a service bulletin for these codes which called for replacing the intake gaskets and the isolator bolts as well as the LH valve cover and also having the computer reprogrammed to solve these codes. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. If you follow all the steps in it then this should clear your code as well as your concern. See the bulletin in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0171%20Aug%204.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to be able to print answer as my husband is not home please yes same codes no thank you i will rate once i call ford tomorrow about other parts mentioned and do i have to go to ford to to have my computer cleared
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

You should be able to print everything I sent you. You will need to take it in to the dealer to have the computer reprogrammed as per the service bulletin. The rest your husband should be able to tale care of.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to be able to print answer as my husband is not home please yes same codes no thank you i will rate once i call ford tomorrow about other parts mentioned and do i have to go to ford to to have my computer cleared thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

You should be able to print everything I sent you. You will need to take it in to the dealer to have the computer reprogrammed as per the service bulletin. The rest your husband should be able to tale care of. Thank you as well.