Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I've replaced the alternator, battery, both check as good,

Customer Question

Hello.
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I've replaced the alternator, battery, both check as good, but after starting and driving fine after a jumpstart, I get back and the battery is completely drained and will not start the vehicle. I have a 2001 Ford Expedition 5.4, AWD, Eddie Bauer edition.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: Nope, had same symptoms with old battery and old alternator.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced the alternator, battery, both check as good, but after starting and driving fine after a jumpstart, I get back and the battery is completely drained and will not start the vehicle. I have a 2001 Ford Expedition 5.4, AWD, Eddie Bauer edition.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 months ago.

How long has this been going on? did it happen to start after a storm or rain fall?