Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 Ford Focus SE with a 3.0, the other day it

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford Focus SE with a 3.0, the other day it died while driving and will not restart. I found codes P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354 which are all 4 coils failed. Is this a PCM gone bad or what could it be
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 months ago.

Hello. There is a TSB for this exact same issue on other ford vehicles with the 3.0 engine calling for replacement of all the spark plugs due to a poor spark plug design from the factory. These plugs can cause damage to the coils or the PCM. The fist step is to replace the spark plugs and ignition coils. Have you replaced any of them?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no just thought it would be odd for all four to go bad at the same time. Just trying to get some input for the least expensive way to solve this issue

This is a 2008 model? just clarifying

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Ok. The TSB is for slightly older model years, but the symptoms are identical, same engine etc. Personally, I would follow the TSB but I am going to open this up for the opinion of one of the other techs.

Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, Im going to give you a link to a good video that will help you troubleshoot this issue. It indeed may be the drivers inside the pcm as your years car is susceptible to that.

https://youtu.be/ho3Kyps2i34

hello????????

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

Is this a 2008 Ford Focus or 2008 Ford Fusion?
Just asking because the Ford Focus never came with a 3.0L V6 engine.

The reason being is the 2008 Ford Focus only had a 2.0L 4 cylinder engine.