Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, Ford, Chrysler, nissan, mazda...30 years. ASE Master, troubleshooter

95 mustang 5.0 starts and idles fine put in gear{auto} an

Customer Question

95 mustang 5.0 starts and idles fine put in gear{auto} an try to give it gas an it wont rev up then other times run fine
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: trans works fine brake switch works
JA: What year is your Mustang?
Customer: 1995
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced dist, coil, wiring harnes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: drove the car 10 miles no problem stopped came back out started the car an it wouldnt rev up to back out of driveway took vac line off of fuel presure reg car rev up put back vac an drove another 10 miles same problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,