Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2004 Ford Focus Cooling fans will not come on. Every time

Customer Question

2004 Ford Focus Cooling fans will not come on. Every time the cooling fans attempt to come on, either by turning the air conditioner on or they try to cycle from the temp switch, the cooling fan relays click and then the vehicle dies. It will immediately start back up but if you have the air on again when it cycles and attempts to turn the fan on, it will cause the car to die. It is not an iac problem it is though something is short circuiting the pcm and causing the engine to stop. It doesn't idle down and die it just stops. Immediately.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also something else strange happens. When the cooling fan relay energizes, it causes the headlights to come on and then when the car dies and they deenergize the lights go off.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Has anyone been doing wiring work on this vehicle and or has the vehicle been in a collision?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have no idea if it's ever been in an accident it does not appear so.