Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My 4x4 light came on and adv tract light went off, the

Customer Question

My 4x4 light came on and adv tract light went off , the explorer acted like it did not want to go ...this happened one other time as i pulled into work, i left it sit and when i got off work it was fine. Is it possibly the 4x4 fuse ?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the light that comes on when it is in*****
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford Explorer 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i havent tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no it has had no issues up to this point except for the incident i said
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when asked this question I understood it was 5.00 I paid that and in my recent email it says when answered it would be 28.00 ????? I wasn't understanding that ??? I DO NOT WANT TO PAY ANOTHER 23.00 !
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This usually isnt a fuse at fault that causes this issue here.This is usually a fault with the transfer case shift actuator needing replaced or the*****control unit needing replaced.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that is fully compatible with this model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I suspect the transfer case actuator is the cause as this can be one of the more common faults.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete