James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Our 2005 expedition is simultaneously pulling up all these

Customer Question

our 2005 expedition is simultaneously pulling up all these codes together. they all started at the same time. the range sensor and the 02 sensors were all changed. A transmission shop said it is likely a wiring problem. Is it possible these wires are all haarnessed together somewhere? A mechanic said it is likely a wiring problem and I am hoping to find somewhere to start looking?
The codes are;
p0708 transmission range sensor circuit high input
P2106 throttle Actuator control system- forced limited power
P0138 02 circuit high voltage (Bank 1, sensors 2)
P0158 02 Circuit high voltage (Bank 2, sensor 2)
P0708 (a second time)
P2106 (a second time, also)
P0708 and P2106 each show up twice as seperate codes dont know if that is a roandom thing or significant.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

Hello, does the vehicle drive ok?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it does not drive ok. It is missing and has no acceleration power without chugging and jerking. The OD/OFF light is flashing as well.
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

If you remove fuse 32 it is going to be blown more than likely. If you test for power with the key on do you get 12v on both sides.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James,
Tested with the fuse out and there is 12 volts coming in. The fuse looked good but I changed it just to be sure. Still getting the same results. (We had checked the fuse before we did other stuff originally and it was fine) So whats your next suggestion?
Thanks,
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
The vehicle idles correct? The throttle codes I'm sure are the throttle position sensor on the throttle body. The other three are related. The O2 sensor and trans range sensor.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We replaced the throttle actuator and throttle body position sensor. It would not even start. Turned over but no ignition. We put the old position sensor back on and it started. All the codes except the OD/OFF flashing have been cleared. What other options could we have for the OD light?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just replaced the throttle position sensor again with another new one. Started fine but now pulled up these codes. P0708 and P0158 and P0138. Both of these 02 sensors have been replaced. Any ideas of something we haven't tried that might be causing these codes.
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

If you unplug all 4 oxygen sensors and retest will the P0708 code go away?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pulled all 4 of the 02 sensors and the codes that came up now are P0708, P0135, P0155 and the OD/OFF is back on and flashing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible a wiring harness somewhere?
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

The P0708 is the flashing overdrive light. They share power with each other so It would have to be a broken wire in the harness. The harness should go down the driver side of the frame if you follow the wires up from the transmission you should find the break in the wire.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ugh that was our original question. I'll go check and see what I can find.
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

Usually the fuse blows controlling these. That is why I was going for that first. The oxygen sensor can short out and blow the fuse. but it won't cause the the throttle codes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where do the wires join?
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

Where the wires join it doesn't tell me. It shows a spice in the wire diagram but doesn't give a specific location.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi James
I tested all the wiring there and couldn't find a break in them. Just for good measures I changed the transmission fluid and filter. The codes cleared for about 10 Miles then popped back on. So still not working.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there any connection to the AC circuits and these problems? The first day this happened I had just recharged the AC. This time I was testing the AC again when they went back on?
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Hello, can you explain to me what issue you are having?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found the location of a weak wire coming off of the computer. As I move the wiring harness the overdrive light would go off. But I'm having a hard time finding the break
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a 50 Pin harness I don't know which wire would cause these codes. I don't see any breaks but there may be
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

The pcm pin number is ***** for the wire. If you cant find a break in the wire you will just need to overlay a new wire which is the easiest way to repair this concern.