Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2008 ford f250 6.4 ranch. My battery terminals

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford f250 6.4 king ranch. My battery terminals accidently touched and now my truck will not start. The starter had power but only spins and will not engage. I have checked all fuses relays and volt tested the starter. I changed the stater for a new one and still get the same results. I don't have the original key just the spare. What could be my problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

did you test power to each fuse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have 12 volts to the solenoid while cranking. It's getting power but only spins. It will not engage the flywheel. I have changed the starter and tested both. They both test fine.
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

So you are getting power to the starter at this time and it isn't pulling into engage the flywheel. When it is removed does the starter Bendix go out?