Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1988 f150 cuts off after 10 min of running. f150, ignition

Customer Question

1988 f150 cuts off after 10 min of running.
JA: What is the model of your '88 Ford?
Customer: f150
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ignition module, distributer ,fuel pump,filter,pressure regulator, spark plugs ,wires,tested to make sure it was grounded correctly, new computer,
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: replaced
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
seems like the hotter weather make it shut off faster. I could run longer on highway when it is cold out.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. In order to determine why your engine is cutting off you need to start with checking to see which one of these to you are loosing when the engine stalls starting with installing a fuel pressure gauge and monitoring the fuel pressure on your new pump. If you can get this done and post back with your results we can work from there to determine the cause.