john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

Tranny temp stays all the way to cold and check gauge's

Customer Question

tranny temp stays all the way to cold and check gauge's light is on and tow haul light blinks
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 f350 6.0 powerstroke
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. nothing yet. I am thinking of changing out sensor
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: tranny temp sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 4 months ago.

you transmission temp gauge doesn't seem to be reading the most likely cause for this issue is the transmission fluid temperature sensor has failed . i have seen this a few other times and it is always accompanied by a flashing tow haul light. if you'd like the procedure let me know and i'll see if i can pull that information up for you.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!

is there anything else i can assist you with?