Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

If the cab in the back of the ambulance shuts off by itself

Customer Question

If the cab in the back of the ambulance shuts off by itself what could be the problem. Cam sensor and crank sensor have been replaced
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. After reading you post its not clear as to what it is you are describing and what type of problem you are having. If you can post back with complete details with as much information as possible I will see if I can help you with this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We just changed the cam sensor because it was cutting off on us. Now when we use the patient compartment we hear a beeping noise. Before we changed the cam sensor the truck would always cut off while we were operating the back compartment. Yesterday the truck ran fine the whole day until they shut it off to get fuel at the end of the day. Then it wouldn't crank. We let it cool down for about an hour and then it crunk up with hesitation and drove fine. The problem is we never know when it cuts off.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to re-scan the computer system and see if any fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will the computer tell if the ficm or oil pressure pump is bad
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

If in fact there is a problem with them then yes the computer should set and store a fault code. If you can get the scan done and post back with the results we can work from there.