Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My A/C stopped working four yrs ago,e250,2003,is repair will

Customer Question

my A/C stopped working four yrs ago,e250,2003,is repair will be huge cost,? probable seized condenser by now?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: no not yet
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 e250
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hav only my dealertship in hamilton,i am a mechanic but am in wheelchair now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: last time it worked i ran it in winter to run the lines it quit after
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

My suggestion is to remove the compressor, drier, orifice tube. Use a flushing machine to flush the lines, condenser, and evaporator forward and backwards with chemicals and air to remove all freon, oil and debris. Once done make sure its all clean and dry. Then replace with new the orifice, compressor, and drier and add the required amount of oil to the drier and compressor Replace all O-rings. Pull a vacuum on the system for 30 minutes. It should hold for at least an hour. If it works then recharge and test.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris